ads

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Movie Review: Hope Springs



Good movie, but way too awkward to watch with older people.
My best friend told me about the unforgettable experience of watching this movie with her parents. Oh man. Can you say embarrassing?!?!

If you've never seen this movie, it is a comedy starring Meryl Streep and Tommy Lee Jones, that shows an older couple trying to ignite their non-existent sex lives. Can you imagine sitting in a room with your parents listening to them compare and contrast their sex lives with the characters'? Ew.

My thoughts: Hope Springs was pretty funny, but the level of awkwardness was too high for me to call it hilarious. I think they chose great people for these roles. I don't think anyone else could pull it off. The storyline was fluid, yet not exciting. And the ending made me smile, and part of me felt relief that it was over. I don't consider this a bad movie, I actually liked it, but I don't think I'd buy it. My star rating is below.


Humor: ★★★

Casting: ★★★★

Special Effects: N/A

Plot: ★★

Ending: ★★★

Level of Awkwardness: ★★★★★

Overall: ★★★

The wonderful thing about reviews is that it's one person's opinion! Do you agree or disagree? Tell me your rating of this movie!

♥ Marquitta J

2 comments: