ads

Sunday, December 2, 2012

What does your Timeline say about you?

Almost everyone who has access to a computer has a Twitter page. Unfortunately. There are lists and lists of things that should probably never be Tweeted about, but not everyone realizes that. Take Alyssa Douglas for example: (see picture below) This poor soul had no idea that she's ruined any chances of ever getting a job in the future and may end up with possible jail time. She was just tweeting her thoughts like many of us do.

Aside from the obvious troubles that can come with tweeting all of your personal thoughts, there's also that thing that everyone dreads... Judgment. You may disagree and say "I don't care, people can't judge me because they don't know me", but hear me out. Whether we like it or not, the way people view us can enhance or destroy our current lives and our future, and like it or not, your innermost thoughts show pieces of who you are directly or indirectly. I was having a conversation with a few of my guy friends, and I mentioned a girl that we once knew. One of the guys said "I don't like her. She's a catty B-word". Harsh right?! So I asked "Why would you say that?" and he replied "Because I can just tell. Everything she tweets is..." I can stop right there to support my point. He came to that conclusion about her because of her Timeline. Whether its right or wrong to judge a person based off of that, people do, employers do, admission representatives do, possible significant others do, YOU do! Your reputation matters.

Ask yourself: what does my timeline say about me? If you find that your timeline isn't doing you justice, STOP tweeting every single thought you have. Sometimes those thoughts are best kept in your head, and sometimes not even there! Be smart on social media, and learn the definition of TMI.

♥ Marquitta J

No comments:

Post a Comment